To run a business successfully, it’s important to periodically ask questions, such as:
- “For which tasks do we lack the necessary expertise?”
- “Which tasks could we do, but likely with low efficiency, low quality, high cost and high stress?”
- “Which tasks do we do just rarely enough for us to be at risk of forgetting an important aspect of what is to be done?”
The best time to ask these questions is when deciding which non-core tasks should be outsourced to specialists in those areas. As the saying goes, “Only do what only you can do.”
In fact, for many tasks, there are now regulatory and/or legal requirements that they be executed in a professional, auditable manner.
One such task is managing secure disposal of documents. This process is truly a joint effort between yourselves and a reputable document destruction specialist, such as Confidential Shredding Co.
There are indeed things only you can do:
- Develop and get company-wide commitment to a company record retention policy.
- Check that your record retention policy is understood and applied by all staff.
- Arrange for locked bins or other secure containers to be available at appropriate locations, so that staff can properly dispose of documents slated for destruction.
- Organise bins to be replaced with empty ones at suitable intervals, so they do not overflow.
- Arrange for certified destruction of old PCs or other data storage devices. Avoid storing such devices in a cupboard for extended periods.
Organising record destruction
Once you have collected your paper records to be destroyed, or perhaps the media on which they are stored, Confidential Shredding Co provides secure, compliant, efficient and hassle-free destruction of all forms of user information:
- Paper records
- Hard disk storage and CDs
- X-rays and other electronic media
We pick up your items slated for destruction, and issue you a Certificate of Destruction upon completion, providing you with auditable evidence of compliance.
There are federally mandated standards for the proper destruction or de-identification of personal information that may be found here.